Monday, February 4, 2008

While doing the laundry this morning, I've been watching a program on the Wisconsin Channel about the history of the state's post offices. Pretty funny and quite interesting! One of the stories was about the stink of Limburger Cheese! Now there's a show about the state's lake ice harvesting coming on. The tavern in Easton was an icehouse at one time, along with a cheese factory, etc. This digital TV that they are changing to is the best thing since satellite and cable. Even better, because it's free! That pays for the TV or converter box itself in only a few months.

I think tomorrow I'll haul my month's worth of wood up again and clean the chimney. January is always the month we use the most wood. Still not bad though. It was the 15th when I did it last. I could probably go a few more days, but it might snow today and again tomorrow night and Wednesday and then I might be plowing. Who knows, but tomorrow sounds like about the best day for it and I've got too much leftover yet today to fit it all in my woodbox.

I sure have been itching to go for a ride! Too much snow in the woods yet. There's a heavy crust under the top 6 inches, but if I was to break through that I'd be stuck for sure! I could go trail riding at BRF or maybe route riding at Necedah. I guarantee I will be going somewhere soon! Here's a few pictures of the last Castle Rock Family ATV Club "Meeting - Wilderness - Ride to Follow - Bear Bluff" ride way back on October 13th. It was a record-breaking attendance the other way:


Here we are! Oops, I mean me.



My well-worn from the rides of the old days official Castle Rock Family ATV Club hat.



6 people were at the meeting that day.



Hello? Anybody here?



One of the many miles of roads in the Necedah National Wildlife Refuge that I helped the Castle Rock Family ATV Club clean up garbage on every year.



One of the canals on the beautiful Fall day.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to go too but i gotta get my truck registered before i can ride.Maybe i will get my taxes back this coming weekend,then i can get it registered.

    ReplyDelete