Sunday, February 17, 2008


JR's current septic tank trouble got me to thinking about all the trouble I've had with mine over the last few years. Our septic systems are about the same age, except that JR's is better because he has two drain fields compared to my one. I've had to dig mine up several times and repair it.

I've got plans for future improvements and modifications, but first, as soon as the ground thaws this Spring, I'll be building an old-fashioned outhouse! Think about it. All the water/electricity that you'd save, even if you only used it in the warm months. The lessened load on the septic system. Not to mention the added convenience of using it for just such emergencies as JR is going through now, and the ones I've been through myself in the past, including the many days of power outages that I see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment