Friday, January 18, 2008

8 inches of snow here. It's -2 below zero right now, but the temp is going up. Not after this morning though. -15 below zero tonight and -20 below zero tomorrow night. Looks like below zero every night next week too. Oh well. Can't last forever.

The heater in my pump house conked out last week and I bought a new one. The old one was really old, and it was used when I got it. I used it in my pump house for 16 years. That's a long time for those little utility heaters to live. 16 years ago I set the thermostat on it to the temp I wanted and never touched it again, aside from unplugging it in the spring and plugging it back in come fall. This new one so far is strange though. I've had to set the thermostat up every other day. I'll set it where I want it, then it will hold that temp for a day, then tomorrow it will be colder than I want it in there. I'll turn it up a little more, then it will be ok for a day again, then the next day I'll have to turn it up again. I'm almost to the end of the thermostat. Guess I'll have to buy another new one from somewhere out of town.

-RQ

No comments:

Post a Comment