Thursday, January 3, 2008

It's a bit cool this morning. -10 below zero. It could be a lot worse for January, plus it's going to warm up over the weekend. The furnace ran a couple times this morning, just while I got the wood stove stoked up again, but that's ok. When it's this cold I like the furnace to run a couple times because the water pipes are all under the house where the furnace hot air duct is.

The coldest I've ever seen it was -45 below zero. It got that cold two weekends in a row! I don't remember the exact date, but it was in the early 1990s. I didn't have the wood stove installed yet. The furnace ran without stopping, and we had frost on the INSIDE of the walls in some spots. Now that was cold.

I've been making PC and DVD slide shows from some of my pictures. Yesterday I did all of my Castle Rock Family ATV Club pictures. It took awhile. The PC slide show not so long, about an hour, but when I made the DVD slide show it took almost 2 hours to convert the individual images to a video file (there's 700 pictures from just the CRFAC events) then another 3 hours to encode the video and burn it on the DVD. Fortunately, now that I have master copies of the discs it's only a matter of burning copies when I need to and that only takes a minute or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment