Tuesday, January 8, 2008

You aren't going to believe this shit. [head guy at planning and zoning] just called me back. He said the reason he hasn't sent anything out is that he discovered after I talked to him last that according to the federal (FEMA) flood insurance maps that the whole property is in a flood plain! Never mind that the property is many tens of feet above the level of the creek, has never ever in history flooded to the level of the buildings, and is the same level or higher than the whole rest of the town which has also never flooded. He said he will research it more to be sure and then he will have it in writing for me this week.

He also said that the only way to fight it is to hire surveyors to do an elevation study of the property. I'm not.

I'm giving up on this very soon. We will get it in writing (or I will get my 50 bucks back), then they win.

No comments:

Post a Comment