Sunday, January 13, 2008

JR was over the other night and he was telling me about Blogger's new slideshow feature. I hadn't looked at it yet and didn't even know about it until he said something. This morning I've been playing with it to see what it can do. It seems like it loads a little too slow, but I have a VERY SLOW connection so it might not be as bad as it seems to me. It also does not work right in Internet Explorer, or at least the version I tested it with. But it works great in the real browsers so I think I will leave it on there for now and test it awhile. If it pisses me off, I'll remove it later.

I guess I will be plowing my driveways as soon as the sun comes up, seeing as we got another 4 inches on top of the 5 that I didn't plow the other day. I guess I really mean BLOW my driveway, but that sounds kind of gay.

3 comments:

  1. I see you got the slide show to work.Did you have to add pictures or are they off photobucket?I kept having problems so i give up on it.

    Seems to work good on firefox,only thing it does is shows a picture twice But not always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had problems with it at first too. It's kind of complicated. They are just old pictures I already had on Photobucket. The slideshow feature for Blogger doesn't use your photobucket pictures for the slideshow, but uses random ones from all of photobucket depending on what your keyword/search term is. I didn't like using other people's pictures, so I went to my photobucket account, created my own slideshow, then added the slideshow to blogger by using the extra HTML page element instead of the regular slideshow element. Whew.

    It shows one picture twice? ha ha! That's most likely my fault. I probably added the same one into my slideshow twice! It is a little quirky. When it's done showing for the first time and starts over, then it gets kind of jerky and slow the second time around. And you're limited to only 10 or 12 pictures at a time or something like that. So instead of just adding new ones, you have to remove old ones first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, on the laptop it flashed the same picture over and over again while it was still downloading the next one. Strange, but not too irritating, I guess. Then the show stopped altogether until I hit refresh. Hmm. Worked the same as the desktop after that.

    ReplyDelete