Friday, January 18, 2008

Hello there. Broken record here. Shoveled my roof off and got my Grand Marsh, Brooks, and Easton driveways all plowed. Funny how the snow depth varied so greatly this time. Here I had 8, Brooks had 6, and Easton only had 4. None everywhere would have been better. And now what, more snow again Sunday night/Monday?

I can't complain about the blower though. So far it has been well worth the $700 that I paid for it. I paid almost half that for the little one 17 years ago! ($300) Don't get me wrong, that little one is a real powerhouse too, for it's size, but it takes a lot longer. It doesn't get used much anymore. Maybe once or twice a year when the girls play with it. It's more their size anyway. Makes a good spare though, since I don't have a plow anymore. Well, actually I still have the plow but it isn't on anything and it's laying in the scrap pile out back!

While I was at Easton, I remembered I had an old pump house heater there with the plug melted off. I'm going to cut off what's left of the plug and wire it into my extra wood stove thermostat. That way when my new pump house heater acts up again (I turned it up this morning and it will be ok now until tomorrow again), I'll replace it with my homemade version!

-RQ

No comments:

Post a Comment