Monday, January 14, 2008

Had extra keys made, took my filled out contract and the planning and zoning letter to my realtor this morning. Now just waiting for the other four to get their copies to her. My sister says she has things that she wants to get out of the house yet. I told her to let me know when and I'd help her haul them. No better time than right now.

When I started the Cherokee this morning, it sounded like JR's Toyota! Made a hell of a growling noise like a dry bearing. The water pump is fairly new, so doubt if it's that. Not the alternator or AC, they're on the other side. It's either the power steering pump or the idler pulley just below it. I used JR's grandpa's old trick - hold a stick against the various parts while listening to the other end with your ear. It's definitely the power steering pump or that pulley, according to that method. The reason I couldn't tell exactly is because the pulley is mounted just below the power steering on the same bracket. Makes them both noisy. I suppose I could loosen the belt and see which one feels rough. Or I could wait until it falls off then I'll know for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment