Sunday, January 6, 2008

There goes the snow. Sounds like it will be gone by the middle of the week. Doesn't bother me one bit. The cold weather is ok, but snow is too much work anymore for what I get out of it. No matter what way I look at it, snow costs time and money, then when it melts there's nothing left to show for it. At least with the snow gone, I can go cut firewood again!

I've been looking over old ATVing pictures while making DVDs and slideshows. Makes me want to go riding again! I'd go now, but I've already got a list for today. Maybe next weekend.

Still haven't gotten anything from planning and zoning in writing yet. I thought the deal was finally sealed with them. The head guy told me I would have it last week, after New Year's Day. Nothing in the mail yet as of yesterday. I'll be calling them again this week.

Some people around here say I have a "right now" attitude. They say I expect everything to be done "right now" - as if it's a bad thing. I can understand why they think it's strange. My attitude is so rare here, like having only ten individual toes instead of twelve webbed ones. They do as little as possible or nothing at all and hope somebody else will do it for them, or that their problem will go away all on it's own. Most of them don't even know what real problems are. Many times I've been in, or am still in, situations that make other people cry. The best way to handle any problem that arises - take charge of it myself and take care of it "RIGHT NOW". Only then will it go away so I can move on to the next obstacle. If I didn't have a "right now" attitude, I'd never get any results. And that would be no fun at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment