Tuesday, December 4, 2007


How hard could it be to find a stupid little battery like this? It's the CMOS battery for my IBM Thinkpad R31. Since it's dead, it won't turn on unless I first plug it in, then type the system time and date into the BIOS every time.

Radio Shack's web site sucks and has for years now. I called one of their stores and the guy said he could order it, but the shipping would cost more than the battery. He said try Staples. Hmm. Staples said they don't even carry the big power batteries for laptops let alone the little CMOS batteries, try Radio Shack. Hmm. Circuit City and Comp USA don't list any on their web sites. Hmm. Computer guy on G north of the prison appears to be gone now. Heard at one time he was sick. Maybe bad news for him? Saw in the phone book their is a computer repair place in Adams. Call the # and the recording says they've moved to Grand Marsh - news to me. Leave a message. Hmm.

If anyone knows where to get one locally (I don't like mail order), please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment