Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The USB mouse works great. Only problem is I went to Pamida in Adams and got it - $30 was the cheapest they had. Wal-mart in Lake Delton has them for $6, your choice of PS2 or USB. Guess for $24 I should have just went back to the Dells. I've learned this lesson many times over, but I always fall back into it and shop locally. Someday maybe I'll finally get it and never go back to Adams.

Funny thing about the USB mouse. All I had to do was plug it into the laptop and it installed itself. Simple. When you look in the control panel at the mouse, the weird little button that's built into the laptop is listed as a PS2 port mouse, which is probably why it doesn't have an external PS2 port, to avoid trying to run two mice off the same port. Anyway, the new USB mouse is listed as a USB "Human Interface Device". I thought that was kind of funny. Almost makes us humans sound like an accessory, which in reality is probably more true than we know.

The dead deer is gone. And where I put it, I'll bet it got removed within an hour! Hee hee. A few years ago somebody threw four bags of garbage in my yard. I called the sheriff's department and they told me that if I looked through the bags and was able to find a name and address, then they might do something about it. Otherwise, they're deputies do not go through other people's garbage. Well, neither do I. Where I put those bags of garbage, I'll bet they got picked up within an hour too!

I'm learning. I learn something new everyday about somebody. I know one thing is for sure, I've learned not to depend on the sheriff's department or the county for very much. Next time, I'll handle it myself like I normally do everything else anyway.

Now - concentrating on the planning and zoning department.

No comments:

Post a Comment