Monday, December 24, 2007

Now don't laugh at me (well, maybe a little is ok). Yesterday I was in a hurry after plowing my driveways, cleaned up quickly, then before we were out the door to try to get to Reedsburg I wanted to put a disc in my DVD recorder and program it to record some shows last night. Normally I would use one of my DVD+RWs that I use over and over, but I wanted to keep one of the shows. In that case I use a DVD+R because they're cheaper and you can only use them once, which is all I need if I am saving the show to watch over again. That happened to be the last DVD+R in the package. I thought it looked kind of funny and had a couple strange marks on it. I could have opened a new pack and just thrown that one away, but thought I'd try it and see if the recorder would accept it or not.

I put it in, and it made some really loud vibrating noises and took a long time to read it. Finally it gave me a disc error. I ejected it, then tried it again. Same thing, really loud vibrating and shaking. Took the disc out again and Ashley says, "Dad, why do you still have the clear plastic disc from the bottom of the package stuck to the DVD disc?" What?

Uh oh. No wonder it was vibrating. In the bottom of the DVD package there is a clear plastic disc shaped exactly like a DVD. It was stuck to the bottom of the last disc. I put the whole works in the recorder without realizing it. Twice. I guess it didn't hurt the recorder, because I pealed the clear plastic disc off the bottom of the DVD disc, stuck it back in, and it recorded my shows just fine! Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment