Saturday, December 1, 2007

My stupid ISP is screwed up again this morning.  That's 4 times in as many weeks, or less.  That I know of.  Guess I'm going to have to start calling and bitching.  The web server is not working, but the mail server seems to be.  So, I am posting this in a roundabout way through the my phone-posting address.  Just for the hell of it.

I got my wood split and hauled up yesterday that I didn't have time to finish the day before.  I had already cut it up, but had a few blocks to split before I could load it on the trailer.  So, left the saw and everything except the splitting maul at home and headed out.  Loaded up a nice big load (one of my usual limit-testers) and........oh crap!  One more thing I needed that I left at home was the straps I use to secure the wood to the trailer!  Now what?  Well, even though I was at least a mile away from home on really rough trails and brush, I though I'd try it without the straps anyway.  One thing I hate is having to pile the same wood on the trailer more than once (or more).  Anyway, I made it all the way and never even came close to losing a single block of wood!  And my Hawkeye turned over 1300 miles at the same time.

Looks like we're going to get hit with some rough weather (although I don't know the latest because my ISP sucks ass again).  I'm ready for it, bring it on.  I'm going to check my gas lantern sometime today to make sure the mantels are ok.  That's what I use to heat my pump house when the power goes out (which it often does here), to keep my water pump from freezing up.  If we get plenty of snow before the ice comes, it won't be too bad.  The ice will peel off with the snow when I plow (blow).

No comments:

Post a Comment