Monday, December 24, 2007

I'm going to put my official storm total at 12 inches. We got just as much snow during the daylight yesterday afternoon, after I plowed my driveways once, as we did before the sun came up in the morning. I'll be plowing them again today. The wind didn't make it as hard as I thought. I figured it would keep blowing the snow in my face, but the wind direction was fairly steady so I used that to my advantage and kept the blower pointed with it. It was cold enough too that the snow didn't melt, what did blow on me, so I didn't get wet. The hardest part was that at my sister's place they must have gotten some pretty good rain. There was water under the snow. Non of the other driveways had that. We didn't get that much rain here and there was no water under the snow at Mom's house either.

We didn't make it all the way to Reedsburg yesterday afternoon. Mrs. Rev didn't want to try it at all, but I thought we'd head out that way and just see what it was like. I could have gotten us all the way down and back without getting stuck or sliding in the ditch, that Cherokee is a good car, but it's the other crazies on the road crashing into me that I worry about. At times it was hard to see, because it was snowing and blowing that bad. We stopped at 13 & 82, called her stepbrother and he said it was no better down there. She convinced me then to turn around and go home. We'll probably try it again next Sunday, or another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment