Sunday, December 30, 2007

JR, Stumpjumper, and I had a great ride in the Black River State Forest today. Lots and lots of snow. The groomer was going over the trails as we were riding, but we never actually saw it. Quite often we came upon freshly groomed trails. Trouble is, I think they were using the same drag that they use in the summer without a packer on the back, because it didn't pack the snow very well. We almost wished that they weren't grooming, since it made the trails so soft.

I can't say enough good things about the little Hawkeye on it's first real winter trail ride. It never missed a lick and kept up to the big boys with no trouble. Until I traded with JR for the last mile of trail. That new Sportsman of JR's is one awesome machine. No comparison even to the old Sportsmans. I was feeling a little sheepish at first, and wished I hadn't rode that thing. But then I realized that the Hawkeye sits lower to the ground, feels the bumps and ruts of the trail better, and is a little more work to ride. It gives you a much "fuller" riding experience that way, right? Way different than riding a couch down the trail. Now I feel better again. Ha ha!

Can't wait to go again, soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment