Monday, December 10, 2007

Woo woo! Clickety-clack clickety-clack! Screeeeeeeeech! Craaaaash! The ongoing ADAMS COUNTY train wreck:

Planning and zoning was at Mom's house today and took some measurements. If something should happen to the house and it needed to be rebuilt, a future owner could shave 3 feet off the width and move it back away from the county road 31 feet. Then it would fit perfectly with the setbacks of 83 feet from the road and 75 feet from the creek. Sounds good, except then it would be setting on top of the septic!

The guy today is going to meet with the other inspector tomorrow and the head guy. He said he'd call me when they make a decision. I told him I need it in writing either way, no matter what they decide, so I can proceed with my next step. Whatever that step may be. If they decide it could be rebuilt if it had to be someday, then great. I would have that proof in writing for a potential buyer and at least be able to ask a fair price for it. If not, then I would have that proof for the tax assessor so we could remove or greatly reduce the taxes, then leave it empty indefinitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment