Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I finally made it! It took me a few days, and I invented a way to bypass that stupid override button temporarily when I need to, but I finally got my main woods trail opened up. Still too much snow to do much more out there than take pictures, but at least the deer will enjoy it for a few days before it's snowed shut again.

On about 500 feet of my trail we allow snowmobiles. Of course, as soon as I got on that little stretch I met a few snowmobiles. I waved and smiled like I always do (they almost always smile and wave back). The lead guy stopped and gave me such a dirty look. Who the hell does he think owns the land that they're riding across? Some of these modern city snowmobilers have no clue, with their pretty little pants and their fancy little helmets. He should not assume anything, but keep his dirty looks to himself. Personally, I'd be afraid to confront a "local" out here in the middle of nowhere. It's not like the city where there's a cop on every corner to save you if you get yourself into a bad situation. I didn't bother to stop and explain it to him, it wouldn't do any good anyway. I just kept going the last few feet before my turnoff.


They don't use snow fence across the road from my house. It doesn't do anything. They go out in the field and plow around and around and around. That helps some. When I took this picture, the grader was stuck. He got out right away though.

No comments:

Post a Comment