Sunday, December 23, 2007

Well, it's really hard to say how much snow so far. It started to rain a little bit about 8:00 last night. Then at around 9:00 it turned to sleet and snow mix. By 10:00 it was all snow. After that it must have quit for awhile because at 1:30 this morning it was snowing fairly hard but we only had maybe a half inch. By 5:30 this morning was a different story. Because of all the drifting, it's hard to determine exactly how much snow so far, but it's over 6 inches and still snowing. They say it will taper off, then after 10:00 this morning start snowing again and get another 2 - 4. Once I get out in it later on, maybe I'll be able to tell better how much we ended up with.

One thing is for sure, the drifts are big and getting bigger. I've had wind gusts over 40 mph in the last few minutes. From what I can see of the drifts, some of them are 2 - 3 feet deep already.

Am I going to make it to Reedsburg today? We'll see. If it was just me, I actually kind of enjoy braving the elements, but the girls will be with me and they might bitch if we go in the ditch and have to walk. Good thing Mrs. Rev didn't have to work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment